MayorThe Mayor is the main official of Vinnytsia City Territorial Community and is elected in local elections.
Serhii Morhunov was twice elected Vinnytsia Mayor based on the results of the local elections of 2015 and 2020. In the elections in 2020, he won the first round with a big advantage, winning 65.93% of the vote. Under the leadership of Serhii Morhunov and the work of his team, Vinnytsia has been the leader as the most comfortable city in Ukraine for seven years since 2015 (a study by the Rating Sociological Group commissioned by the International Republican Institute).
The Mayor is elected by the community on the basis of universal, equal, direct suffrage by secret ballot for a term of five years in the manner prescribed by law, and exercises their powers on a permanent basis.
Advisors to the Mayor on a voluntary basis
- Heads the City Council and its Executive Committee, manages their activities, is responsible for fulfilling the tasks assigned to local governments.
- Exercises the powers specified in Article 42 of the Law of Ukraine "On Local Self-Government in Ukraine".
- Ensures the implementation of decisions of the City Council and its Executive Committee.
- Concludes and terminates contracts with heads of enterprises, institutions and organizations belonging to the city government.
- Monitors the state of mobilization training and the level of mobilization readiness of the executive bodies of the City Council.
- Provides protection of state secrets in accordance with the requirements of the secrecy regime in the executive bodies of the City Council.
- Coordinates the interaction of the City Council and its Executive Committee with the Security Service of Ukraine in Vinnytsia region, prosecutors, courts, the National Police Department of the Main Directorate of the National Police in Vinnytsia region.
- Promotes the development of international cooperation, the establishment of foreign economic relations.
- In case of absence or impossibility to perform their functions instructs one of the deputies to perform functions in part: convening regular and extraordinary meetings of the Executive Committee of the City Council, chairing these meetings and signing decisions of the Cxecutive Committee adopted at these meetings. Deputy Mayors perform their powers except for issues related to the activities of the City Council.
- Performs other functions provided by the Constitution and Laws of Ukraine, normative legal acts of the President of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, other acts of legislative and executive power.
- Heads the commissions formed by the Executive Committee of the City Council on the directions of work determined by the order of the Mayor from 14.12.2020 № 190-Р.
Born in Vinnytsia in 1968. Graduated from Vinnytsia school 33.
Historian by specialty, graduated from the faculty of history of Chernivtsi State University named for Fedkovych in 1992 (teacher of history by qualification).
Gained second higher education by specialization "Management at regional and local levels" at the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine in 2010.
From 1987 to 1989, served in the army.
From 1992 to 1997, worked as a teacher of history and social science in Vinnytsia College of meat and dairy industry.
From 1998 to 2006, worked in management positions in commercial structures.
Thrice elected Deputy of Vinnytsia City Council, for the first time in 2002.
In 2006, at the first session of the City Council of the 5th convocation was supported by deputies for the post of Chairman of Vinnytsia City Council.
In 2010, was elected to the City Council for the third time, and at the first session of the City Council of 6th convocation was elected Chairman of the City Council for a second term.
Since February 2014, Acting Mayor of Vinnytsia.
By the results of the local elections in 2015 and in 2020, was elected Mayor of Vinnytsia.
Had no contact with commercial organizations before taking office.
Married. Together with his wife Nataliia Morhunova raises daughter Veronica born in 1996.
Has no criminal record.
Was awarded the Order "For Merit" of second and third degree.
Appointment days and place
Third Thursday of the month, 16-00 - 17-00
Personal appointment office №1
(prior registration is required)