History of Affiliated Communities

The south-eastern outskirts of Vinnytsia, which joined Vinnytsia City Territorial Community in 2020, in the XVI century belonged to Vinnytsia Castle. In their territories there were liberties of Vinnytsia burghers (farms, apiaries, hayfields), later these territories were populated with the assistance of Vinnytsia starosta Bogush Koretskyi.

Strong ties between the neighborhood and the city existed during the Hetmanate, as the Vinnytsia Regiment included the Vinnytsia Hundred, which included both Vinnytsia residents and residents of nearby villages. These connections were evidenced on the seals of the village starostas of the neighborhood – they depicted the coat of arms of Vinnytsia, a cross with hooks (they remained on the documents stored in the State Archives of Vinnytsia region).

At the beginning of the XVIII century, Vinnytsia Khutory, Shchytky, Pedky became separate settlements, their population had the status of estates of Vinnytsia burghers, then they were not registered as residents of Vinnytsia. In the Description of 1799 they recorded: the city of Vinnytsia with Stare Misto and the suburbs Sadky and farms: Dubytskyi, Miskyi, Shchytky and Tenenkov.

Under the Russian protectorate, a number of settlements were included in the Vinnytsia population. For example, in 1897 in the Russian Empire the population of Vinnytsia was counted together with the suburbs with a population of 12,000: these were the suburbs of Sadky, Zamostia and Stare Misto, as well as Sloboda Dubovetska, Velyki and Mali Khutory, village Piatnychany.

Later, from 1930 to 1937, the settlements of Vinnytsia district (including Tyazhyliv, Sabariv, Mali Khutory) were temporarily transferred to the city council for the efficient provision of food to enterprises, and, as shown by the consequences of Soviet policy on the ground, for administrative pumping of food.

Further, the process of expanding city boundaries was associated with the growth of the city and unification with the suburbs. In 1934 Stare Misto was affiliated to the city strip of Vinnytsia (it became part of Vinnytsia County in 1921). In 1938, Piatnychany and Sloboda Piatnychanska were affiliated to Vinnytsia. In 1959-1965, several new housing estates were formed in the city: Sverdlovskyi Masyv, Vyshenka, the area of reinforced concrete structures, etc. New suburbs were included in the city limits – the former villages of Tiazhyliv (1950), Sabariv (1967), Pyrohovo (1972). In May 1968, 52 streets and alleys of the new districts of Vinnytsia – Tiazhyliv, Sabariv and Vinnytsia Khutory – were renamed by Vinnytsia Executive Committee.

For centuries, Vinnytsia has remained a city of mixed rural population, which preserves traditional culture, cultivates tolerance and respect for the opinion of others through multiculturalism. It so happened that the village preserves the cultural heritage, and the city produces a new modern culture, and at the intersection of these processes there are competitive economic and cultural products.