In 2020, Vinnytsia, together with Ternopil and Khmelnytskyi, joined the Open Government Partnership Initiative (OGP). Vinnytsia City Territorial Community has taken on the responsibility of working with civil society institutions and other OGP members to achieve an open government agenda at the local level and to improve the government's service to its residents.
Since November 2020 to July 2021, numerous English-language modules were held, where rules and requirements, as well as best practices and innovations on open governance, were announced. In addition, a working group on the implementation of the Open Government Partnership Initiative was established, which included representatives of Vinnytsia City Council and civil society institutions. There were constant consultations with OGP coordinators, OGP representatives in the Eastern Partnership countries, the Association of Ukrainian Cities, as well as the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The communication was established with Ukrainian cities which participated in the project. The mentoring support was received from the International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (Washington, USA).
The process of participation in the Open Government Partnership is based on the Action Plan, which consists of a strategic vision of open government of the local community and a set of jointly developed commitments. The strategic vision of the Action Plan for the implementation of the Open Government Partnership Initiative in Vinnytsia City Territorial Community in 2021-2023 corresponds to the key principle of Vinnytsia City Territorial Community Development Strategy 2030. It provides for maximum public involvement in decision development and implementation in particular with the widespread use of various forms of participatory democracy. This initiative strengthens the Strategy of partnership between civil society institutions and Vinnytsia City Council.
Four commitments identified in the Action Plan together with representatives of civil society institutions have been included:
- to develop and implement standards for public participation in Vinnytsia City Council decision-making;
- to develop and implement Quality and Good Governance Standards for civil society institutions of Vinnytsia City Territorial Community;
- to develop Regulations on public consultations in Vinnytsia City Territorial Community as a tool to strengthen open government and implement public consultations;
- joining the Open Government Partnership Initiative gives Vinnytsia Territorial Community the opportunity to make extensive use of world experience in building open government at the local level, as well as the opportunity to share their achievements and accomplishments.
- fulfilling the obligations of the Action Plan for the implementation of the Open Government Partnership Initiative in Vinnytsia City Territorial Community in 2021-2023 will strengthen public participation: it will enable community residents, including the annexed territories, to be partners and assistants to local governments for the hometown development, and increase the institutional capacity of CSOs.
The initiator and coordinator of the Open Government Partnership Initiative in Vinnytsia City Territorial Community is the municipal enterprise Institute for Urban Development.
The draft Action Plan for the implementation of the Open Government Partnership Initiative in Vinnytsia City Territorial Community in 2021-2023 can be found at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g4Uy5Gu2fAHpGrANrzT4t6t6t6t
You can send your suggestions and comments until July 12, 2021 to the e-mail address: email@example.com.